Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Surprise!

On Friday, March 5th we got the surprise of our lives. We found out we were going to have a baby!! The story is priceless so I must share...it all started on Wednesday, March 3rd. I visited my family doctor because I had lost about 17 lbs. in 5-6 months. This worried us so I scheduled the appointment. They did blood work and I was scheduled to have an outpatient procedure accompanied by an xray on Monday, March 8th. Everytime an xray is given girls are always asked "Are you or is there a chance you could be pregnant?" I have always replied "No". Call it woman's intuition, baby intuition, whatever but I thought just to be sure I wasn't pregnant I would go after school on Friday and buy a pregnancy test so I could tell the nurse at the hospital on Monday that for sure I WAS NOT PREGNANT. After taking the first test (which seemed to have messed up because I saw two pink lines), I took the other test that was in the box. After waiting 3-5 long minutes, I see two more pink lines. I immediately text Austin and say "Hey where are you?" He says he's getting off the interstate from work...why? I said "we just have a small problem but Ill tell you all about it when you get home." He immediately calls me and begins to ask questions about the "problem". I was giving him zero information which made him livid at me. By the time he arrived home, he was fuming. I on the other hand was laughing hysterically! He says "WHERE'S THE PROBLEM?" Later, I found out that he assumed the problem was a small water leak or a tile had fallen out of our newly remodeled shower. I tell him its in the bathroom. He walks to our bathroom and discovers the postive tests. He says "What is this?" I'm like "I dont know"?? He is just as confused as I was! I meet him in the bathroom to explain the reason I had even bought the tests in the first place (Remember the reason: To reassure myself that I was NOT pregnant!) We went that night and bought more tests and in the end I took 4 tests which were ALL positive. I cancelled my appointment at the hospital on Monday and made an appointment with my OBGYN instead. On Monday, March 8th the nurse called to confirm a positive blood test and she let me know I was in my 4th week of pregnancy! WHAT A SURPRISE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment