Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ut Oh! We have a heartbeat!


5 weeks-
After spotting a small amount in my 5th week, my doctor wanted to see me immediately. Austin met me at the doctor's office that day and they did an ultrasound. We had no clue what to expect. Had I had a miscarriage? Or was everything perfectly fine? Well, we saw the perfect little baby squirming around in there. It looked like a firefly with the brightest little heartbeat! Though it was difficult for us to hear, the nurse said it sounded perfect. To us it sounded like a low muffled sound (not a thump, thump, thump like a normal heartbeat)



6 weeks-
They wanted to see me the next week to make sure things were going as planned. After another ultrasound, we saw that our baby now had a very very very small head and body. We actually heard the heartbeat this time and it was amazing. I left the doctor's office that day astonished at God's awesome hand in the growth of a baby. He has chosen me to carry this baby! What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment